Pricing: $255 + shipping (Note: Only one available at this price. Once it is gone, kits will be made on an on-demand basis and an additional material charge will be added to cover the increase in steel prices. A kit is likely to cost approximately $375 + shipping until prices come back down)
The ultimate bed rack weld-together kit for 95.5-04 Tacomas. This is a mid-height rack that once welded together sits approximately 8" above the bed sides and 23" above the bottom of the bed. This height that results in a RTT being flush (or just slightly below) the roof line (center of cab), except for the ladder which sticks just slightly above.
All steel, the rack is strong enough to hold hundreds of pounds - an RTT plus other accessories (hi-lift, shovels, etc.) is no problem. The DIY weld-together kit for the rack includes:
- platform of the rack is made of 1x1" .09 square tube, approximately 38x38"
- the legs are 1x2" .125 rectangle tube
- the feet are 1½" .125 angle, 39" long
- stainless steel mounting hardware with 4 points of attachment.
Note: attaching the rack requires drilling four holes in the bed rail (two per side)
Weight of the kit as shipped is approximately 50 lbs, and shipping in the online cart is an estimate. If you live on the east coast, I may let you know that it costs a bit more after you place your order, but usually not more than $75 total shipping.
- A fully-fabricated (welded) version of this bed rack is available if you don't want to weld it yourself.
- Upgrade the feet to 2x1½" .125 angle, 39" long for extra support and more room to secure to the bed rails.
- Hi-Lift mounting hardware (non-locking) - $30 - includes all the necessary hardware to mount your jack on the driver or passenger side.
Note: requires drilling two holes in the rack, which I can do for you if you’d like.
- 12v switched electrical box - $90 - includes two Blue Sea Systems switched 12v outlets (cigarette style) in a weatherproof housing that you can attach to the rack to supply power to the bed. Comes pre-switched/wired, with ~6 inches of 14ga wire outside the box.
Note: requires wiring to battery/power source, not included.
You can of course add many of your own options, suck as Quick Fists, etc. to hold other accessories.
Bed Rack assembled (some with Hi-Lift mount)
12v power box